Atlanta's most advanced Electrophysiology Labs are OPEN!
Gwinnett Medical Center's cardiac services have expanded again, recently opening Metro Atlanta’s two most state-of-the-art electrophysiology (EP) labs at its Strickland Heart Center in Lawrenceville. These labs will allow the cardiac experts at GMC to diagnose and treat heart arrhythmias, or problems related to the heart’s rhythm.
A quivering or irregular heartbeat can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. According to the American Heart Association, an estimated 2.7 million Americans are living with these complications, which includes atrial fibrillation (AFib). If you suspect that you may suffer from AFib, have it checked out. Call 678-312-5000 or click here for a free physician referral.
Gwinnett Medical Center’s EP program also features the subcutaneous implantable cardiac defibrillator (SICD) procedure. GMC was also only the second hospital system in Georgia and the first in North Metro Atlanta to conduct this procedure, which enables a defibrillator to be placed directly under the skin without touching the heart. Since this amazing innovation in cardiovascular care does not involve placement of a lead inside the heart, it offers an important alternative for patients who have no vascular access or younger patients who may require multiple defibrillators during their lifetime.
An Amazing Facility—Years of Experience
From diagnosing heart disease to treating cardiovascular conditions such as cardiomyopathy, blocked arteries or arrhythmia, Gwinnett Medical Center has provided expert care for cardiovascular diseases in our community for more than 20 years.
One of the most advanced programs we offer is our percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) program. This new program allows physicians to perform life-saving coronary angioplasty and stenting procedures within our cath lab. It also allows for advanced techniques for extracting blockages in patients’ blood vessels during these procedures. These advanced techniques mean faster response times to cardiac situations—and time saved is heart muscle saved.
Some of our other services and departments include:
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab—For minimally invasive surgery related to a heart attack and other heart-related problems
- Cardiac Wellness Center—Includes comprehensive rehabilitation facilities after a heart attack
- Cardiology Department—For the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular conditions
- Chest Pain Center—For chest pain evaluation in an emergency situation
- Electrophysiology—Program that offers consultative, diagnostic and non-surgical disease management
- Open Heart Surgery—Includes state-of-the-art operating rooms and the region’s most accomplished surgeons
Find a cardiologist now, or call 678-312-5000 for a physician referral.